Between bankers who run off our paychecks, athletes pumped up on more illegal drugs than Scarface and politicians who can’t keep their hands to themselves it may feel like we’re living in the age of broken ethics. Problem solved. All we have to do is make sure the entire world hears MindsOne’s Code of Ethics and the world will be right back on track. Making their DJBooth debut with worldwide premiere of Code of Ethics, this seriously-minded bunch of emcees are joined by DMV stalwart Oddisee, whose crashing cymbal and sample laden production (I recognize that opening sample from a Mos Def song, any help?) helps to paint a positive picture of moral consciousness. Joining in on the lyrical festivities is the always engaging Thee Tom Hardy – when’s the last time you heard a Loch Ness reference? - and his Jamla compatriot and unshakably steady rhymer Rapsody, with MindsOne’s Tronic and KONscience serving as the perfect balance between the two. While Code of Ethics doesn’t have a larger home (yet) you can count on the Minds to continue to right the world’s wrongs through music.
Written by Sigurd on 06/19/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.