Being admitted into the Maybach Music Group family isn’t just a matter of being able to rap. You’ve also gotta be Bout That Life. Not sure whether you fit the bill? Simply ride with Rick Ross and his clique for a night; if you’re not bankrupt by daybreak, then you just might be bout it. On the latest single off the label’s third collaborative set, Rozay and his signee, Meek Mill link up with two representatives of the Bad Boy family to craft a trunk-banging ode to conspicuous consumption. Label capo Diddy and rising star French Montana drop high-rolling guest bars over The MeKanics’ ominous trap beat, the latter arguably delivering the record’s standout verse. Even if you’re not about that life (I know I ain’t), this cut possesses a turnt up appeal that can’t be denied. If you’re feeling it, be sure to cop Self Made Vol. 3 when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, the 17th.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Power Circle" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.