Who needs an attention-grabbing title when you’ve got a guest 16 from one of the most buzzed-about emcees in the game? Not Mr. MFN eXquire, who links up with the fast-rising Chance the Rapper on an Untitled bonus cut off his recent Kismet re-release. The SaveMoney capo runs point, lacing Dot Da Genius‘s woozy keyboard/sample with an agile opening verse, as well as delivering the hook. Far from getting upstaged on his own sh*t, eXquire comes with some of the most inventive bars I’ve heard from him in a minute. His tightly-wound closing verse begins on an offbeat, philosophical note: “A fortune cookie told me it’s three routes: self-destruction or self-actualization / The other one’s just a quirky maze, we get driven insane by imagination.” The Blue Edition of the headliner’s latest street album is available now for free download and those so inclined can still cop the original in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.