When you are as famous as Ne-Yo you tend to meet a lot of people on a daily basis. Just thinking about all those autographs and handshakes makes me tired. However, just because the hitmaker is always surrounded by new faces doesn’t make missing the one that got away any easier. On Should Be You, a potential single off his new album, the Las Vegas-raised R&B star reminisces over a love lost with two very special guests. Fabolous and Diddy share in the heartbreak and, as Salaam Remi’s slow, understated beat hums, the three paint vivid pictures of what life is like as a heartbroken megastar. Should Be You can be found on Ne-Yo’s R.E.D album, recently released via Motown, and be sure to check out Fabolous’ The Soul Tape 2, available for stream/download here on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.