Update: We have added the Colin Tilley-directed, Drake co-starring visuals for Nicki’s Anaconda single.
It’s never a good thing, at least in terms of sustainability, when the buzz that surrounds your new single only exists because of racy cover artwork. Nicki Minaj, however, would disagree. After setting the internet ablaze upon the release of highly-Photoshopped, bootylicious artwork for her new single, Anaconda, the record for said artwork has surfaced. The creative team of Eric Bellinger, Polow Da Don and Da Internz will garner some of the spotlight, the part that isn’t being blocked by the headliner’s posterior, for their sampling of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s classic single, Baby Got Back. The end result is more Bang Bang than Chi-Raq, but kudos must be given to any artist who can get everyone talking without even releasing a record. Minaj is set to release her latest full-length, The Pink Print, this fall, via Young Money/Cash Money/Republic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.