Update: We have added the Colin Tilley-directed, Drake co-starring visuals for Nicki’s Anaconda single.
It’s never a good thing, at least in terms of sustainability, when the buzz that surrounds your new single only exists because of racy cover artwork. Nicki Minaj, however, would disagree. After setting the internet ablaze upon the release of highly-Photoshopped, bootylicious artwork for her new single, Anaconda, the record for said artwork has surfaced. The creative team of Eric Bellinger, Polow Da Don and Da Internz will garner some of the spotlight, the part that isn’t being blocked by the headliner’s posterior, for their sampling of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s classic single, Baby Got Back. The end result is more Bang Bang than Chi-Raq, but kudos must be given to any artist who can get everyone talking without even releasing a record. Minaj is set to release her latest full-length, The Pink Print, this fall, via Young Money/Cash Money/Republic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.