Update: We have added the Colin Tilley-directed, Drake co-starring visuals for Nicki’s Anaconda single.
It’s never a good thing, at least in terms of sustainability, when the buzz that surrounds your new single only exists because of racy cover artwork. Nicki Minaj, however, would disagree. After setting the internet ablaze upon the release of highly-Photoshopped, bootylicious artwork for her new single, Anaconda, the record for said artwork has surfaced. The creative team of Eric Bellinger, Polow Da Don and Da Internz will garner some of the spotlight, the part that isn’t being blocked by the headliner’s posterior, for their sampling of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s classic single, Baby Got Back. The end result is more Bang Bang than Chi-Raq, but kudos must be given to any artist who can get everyone talking without even releasing a record. Minaj is set to release her latest full-length, The Pink Print, this fall, via Young Money/Cash Money/Republic Records.
Written by DJ Z on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Crazy ft. Lil Wayne" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.