Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In mid-August, Nicki Lynette ended a two-year absence from the music game, lending her flow to the official remix of I Fight Dragons’ Crazies. Now that she’s been sufficiently warmed up, the Chi-town native returns to bring us her first original jam since August 2011. A melancholy selection dedicated to a man in the artist’s life, promo single Sometimes finds the artist delivering emotionally-charged, sung verses over her and longtime collaborator Matt Hennessy‘s soulfully understated R&B grooves. Has this poignant cut left you craving more? Then stay tuned; Nikki Lynette doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the visuals for Sometimes, shot at New York Film Academy as a part of Rolling Stone Magazine’s music video workshop.
Written by richard on 05/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing to Worry About [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.