Fasten your seatbelts, Booth readers, because Nova Rockefeller is about to take you on a nostalgia trip. On the Flava Unit Remix of single 1990s, making its world premiere on our front page, the Edmonton native and recent Island Records signee connects with a few rap vets to summarize a decade’s worth of hip-hop music, culture and fashion in less than two and a half minutes. An overhauled beat by Demigodz co-founder Apathy accompanies the headliner as she trades relentlessly referential verses with Naughty by Nature‘s Treach and Fu Schnickens alumnus Chip Fu. Feeling it? While this remix isn’t attached to a larger set, we’ll keep you up to date on Nova’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.