That girl Molly; she really seems to get around. While Novel‘s latest feature (the inaugural song release off a forthcoming full-length) is part of the post-All Gold Everything deluge of ecstasy-themed jams, the record seems to be concerned with the intoxicating effects of love, rather than the artist’s love for intoxicants. Or maybe I’m tripping, and it’s just about getting high—who knows? Whatever the case may be, a dose of MDMA is in no way a pre-requisite to enjoying the cut, which finds the ATL-based Booth favorite rhapsodizing about an epic night in Vegas over his and Justin Kahler‘s bubblegum-catchy, yet understated string/keyboard grooves. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; the project to which Molly is attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.