Back in January, in conjunction with the release of the official visuals for What the Lick Read, South Florida producer Numonics challenged current and aspiring filmmakers within his fanbase to create a cinematic accompaniment to another beat off his Booth-hosted The (Instru)Mentalist album for the chance to win $500, a Last Rights prize pack and a feature on our pages. Today, we’re proud to present the winning clip, as selected by the beatsmith along with co-judges Lightworks and Joe Cinnante. Based around the soulful My Other Love, Portugese filmmaker Pedro Zimman‘s video depicts the sinister circumstances surrounding a seemingly innocent afternoon drive. If this audio-visual experience compels you to delve more deeply into Numonics’ catalog, you’re encouraged to check out The (Instru)mentalist as well as Not for Nothing, his recent collaboration with Miami emcee Saheed. Both projects are available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dead Or Alive" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.