Just how potent is the work Nyche is pushing? I can’t put it any better than the man does himself on his latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!): “Sh*t’s strong, you can smell it through the Zip-Lock.” Previously heard lending guest bars to B. Stille‘s One of These Mornings, the Bronx rhymesayer showcases his salesmanship on his debut solo feature, lacing Japanese beatsmith Kut‘s stop-start percussion rhythm with rhymes expressly designed to get listeners hooked on his product. Dipset vet Cam’ron and Monique’s Room spitter Fred the Godson support the headliner’s in his mission by lacing the beat with some gritty street lyricism of their own. Has Nyche succeeded in turning you into a repeat customer with his first Booth feature? Then keep it locked for the latest on his currently untitled and unscheduled Hoopla Worldwide/eOne Music debut.
Written by richard on 09/6/12
Submit your Rating
Hoopla Worldwide/eOne Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Of These Mornings" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.