Okay, don’t take this the wrong way (I don’t want to come off as a snob or a hipster), but I have had Booth newcomer Paris Jones on my radar for a while now. Which is why I am so excited and honored to finally be able to craft a write-up for him. As it turns out, Angel Haze recognized his talent as well, which is why she was quick to accept the invitation to bless his heavenly, harp-dusted beat with her steady, effortless flow. Paris ain’t just a producer either. The Cali native showcases his full range of his talents on his latest single, employing a unique, feathery flow on the verses and a refreshing, almost whimsical crooned delivery on the hook. Welcome to the Booth, Paris! Okay, Okay, I know you want more Paris. Well, it just so happens that his new project, You’re Invited (to the Assassination of Patrick Campbell), is due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ashley Brown" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.