Make a Mil, the debut feature from new OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, received mixed reviews from our readership, with some applauding Drizzy for a smart addition to his imprint’s stable and others accusing the singer and producer of prizing style over substance. Hoping to prove the former group right and the latter wrong, the Brampton, Ontario representative returns to our pages with newly-released follow-up Wus Good / Curious. A slow-burning contrast to its higher-energy predecessor, this joint finds the artist paying tribute to a certain shawty’s style and sexual prowess over his own hazy, numbed-out synth arrangement. Has PARTYNEXTDOOR made a fan out of you with feature number two? If so, stay tuned for the latest on his forthcoming project, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make a Mil" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.