When I saw the title of Perrion‘s latest Booth feature, I was half-expecting a soulful, R&B selection that would find the headliner hitting the the top octave of his vocal range. Though Perrion doesn’t exactly hit the High Notes, he more than makes up for it on the newest entrant in the Smoking Anthem Club. He does do some quirky singing, though, which only adds to the kushed out, laid-back vibe of the track. Producer Scoop One‘s light, dusty boardwork is the perfect compliment to Perrion’s raspy, blunted flow, which will surely go over well with the smokers who look for relaxing musical accompaniment. High Notes will be found on Perrion’s Booth-hosted project, From Perry With Love, due out next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
Hasenpfeffer Ventures LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.