Three months after the release of Marilyn Monroe, the second smash-hit single off his sophomore solo set (If you have to ask what the first was, I presume you’ve been living under a rock), Pharrell Williams returns to our front page with Come Get It Bae. On this bubbly selection, the pop heavyweight invites ladies to “ride my motorcyle” (but warns them to “take it easy on the clutch”), backed by a rhythmic handclaps and a funky, minimal guitar riff. Miley Cyrus provides a sultry guest bridge, and Luis Cerveró directs the official video—do I even have to specify that it’s full of beautiful women? For more, cop Pharrell’s G I R L LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.