If you think EDM is just starting to catch on, you’re only about, um, a few years behind! It is now more than safe to say that the genre is Blowing Up! I mean, all of your favorite rappers (A$AP Rocky, Kanye, etc.) have gotten hip to the game, often incorporating electronic elements into their music. Toda, the latest blend of hip-hop and EDM comes in the form of a new single from Phive. Atop The Graduates’ chiming, whirring, and swooning production, laden with synths and subtle yet effective effects and twinges, Phive impresses with their charismatic, fluid flows and an intoxicating hook that every Biggie fan should be able to easily identify. Like their last feature, Rave Booty, Blowing Up! will appear on the quartet’s Dream Everything Vol. 1, due out this January.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
Boyd Allen Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing To Say" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.