Today, the name “Pink Grenade” might be unfamiliar to you, but just you wait; in two months, the SMH Records crew will be Famous as F*ck. That’s quite the claim but, listening to their first Booth feature, I almost believe it. From Jonathan Hay and Mike Smith‘s beat, featuring a time-tested pop chord progression along with an ear-catching sax solo, to the nine-piece ensemble’s varied, yet uniformly appealing vocals, this record seems tailor-made to get in the listener’s head and stay there. The guest 16 by NYC rap buzzmaker Troy Ave, well, that’s just the icing on the cake. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, if its central thesis holds true, we’ll be hearing much more from Pink Grenade in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.