In contemporary American society, it’s common to tell kids that they can be anything they want to be, if they simply set their mind to it. Project Pat doesn’t entirely agree. On a new single, the Memphis representative brusquely informs busters and snitches that, no matter how hard they may try to look and act the part, they just ain’t cut out for the street life: “You’ll Never ever ever ever ever Be a G.” Backed by the eerie keys and pummeling percussion of Mike WiLL Made It, Pat looks back on his formative years as a chopper-toting tough, and mocks his foes for their lack of experience on the block. Currently accompanying the headliner and Travi$ Scott on the national Never Sober Tour, Juicy J handles verse two, and Montgomery, Alabama-repping newcomer Doe B rounds out the lineup. This joint isn’t currently attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Project Pat’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.