Any hip-hop fan with the Booth bookmarked knows that Rapsody is a cut above your average emcee. Even so, her pockets ain’t exactly overflowing—not yet. On Believe Me, the inaugural video single off her next street album, the artist laces Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s melodically understated, keyboard-driven production with a brutally honest account of her current situation and mindstate, reasoning that “frontin n**gas give [her] heebie-jeebies.” Think Rapsody’s realness is a beautiful thing? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on The Idea of Beautiful, scheduled for release August 28, via The DJBooth and iTunes. In the meantime, you can still stream and download her last project, The Black Mamba, on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.