From its inception, hip-hop has been all about edutainment—thus, listeners shouldn’t be surprised to see that Rapsody‘s borrowed the academic format of the Round Table Dicussion for her latest feature, single number two off her Booth-hosted debut LP. Although lyrical excellence is the only consistent theme running through the conversation, there’s no arguing with the panelists Rap’s assembled for the occasion: Pittsburgh indie phenom Mac Miller and Chi-town crew The Cool Kids jump on 9th Wonder‘s dreamy, understated sample work to complement the headliner’s bars with some freeform rhymes of their own. The “Deluxe Edition” of Rapsody’s The Idea of Beautiful LP is scheduled to hit our mixtape page for streaming and purchase tomorrow, August 28, via Jamla Records. In the meantime, why not bring yourself up to speed by taking a listen to her previous DJBooth-hosted projects, The Black Mamba, For Everything, Thank H.E.R. Now and Return of the B-Girl.
Written by richard on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.