There needs to be a hip-hop fight club where new songs are pitted against each other and are forced to battle to the death (or get voted on) to determine which is best. If this were to happen, all my money would be on Revalation’s latest feature; put this record Up Against any other song and it will come out victorious. How could any cut compete with the lethal three-hit combo of Revalation, Joe Scudda, and Mayhem (of EMS)? Atop Pause Beats‘s, funky, brass-driven instrumental—featuring some slick cuts from DJ Family Tyz—the three emcees showcase their similarly authoritative flows in hard-hitting verses. Revalation, the last to spit, exhibits a demonstrative style that really sets him apart from his collaborators. Up Against is the second single off Rev’s next mixtape, Feature Presentation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.