As hip-hop heads, we often enjoy stirring up debate by pitting rappers, groups, and labels against each other. While we might view artists as competitors, it’s all love between most rappers, who are all part of one big family. For example, though he is MMG’s head honcho, Rick Ross took time out of his busy schedule to create 50 Plates, a cut off YMCMB’s July compilation album, Rich Gang. Despite the difference in affiliation, Ross turns in a strong performance on the mic, showcasing his boisterous, powerful flow over The Mekanics and Spiff TV‘s trap-informed beat. There is plenty more where 50 Plates came from on Rich Gang (the album), out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.