As hip-hop heads, we often enjoy stirring up debate by pitting rappers, groups, and labels against each other. While we might view artists as competitors, it’s all love between most rappers, who are all part of one big family. For example, though he is MMG’s head honcho, Rick Ross took time out of his busy schedule to create 50 Plates, a cut off YMCMB’s July compilation album, Rich Gang. Despite the difference in affiliation, Ross turns in a strong performance on the mic, showcasing his boisterous, powerful flow over The Mekanics and Spiff TV‘s trap-informed beat. There is plenty more where 50 Plates came from on Rich Gang (the album), out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.