While any sort of train references in Hip-Hop have been silently condemned thanks to Diddy and his Last Train To Paris, I think it’s safe to give St. Louis-born wordsmith Rockwell Knuckles and his new record All Aboard a pass. Serving as a world premiere off of Rockwell’s forthcoming Take Me To Your Leader album, All Aboard is the type of feel good record that seems to be a bit of a rarity in Hip-Hop these days. You know with the drug-slinging, gun-toting and all. Whereas Rockwell went the solo route on last week’s Helmet, here the emcee recruits Booth-fave Tony Williams and female vocalist Dharma Jean for a hook on his lyrical train ride. Producer KT The Terrible keeps it uniquely melodious on All Aboard, blending organs with unexpected scratches. While no official date for Take Me To Your Leader has been released expect the album to drop before the month is over.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silly Human" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.