T-Dot natives are a regular presence on our pages and we’ve featured one or two artists repping Halifax, Nova Scotia, but we’ve never brought y’all any fresh tunes from Regina, Saskatchewan… until now. Today, Queen City emcee Rubiks makes his grand entrance into the Booth with Uh Oh, a fresh single off his next mixtape. Toronto homie Rich Kidd mans the mixing boards on this grimy selection, using chopped vocal samples to create a quirky, yet hard-hitting backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured braggadocio. Rubik’s Cubes may be puzzling (to me, anyway), but the appeal of this rhymesayer’s bars couldn’t be more apparent. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to cop new mixtape VOLUM3: Push Play #PushItRealGood when it hits the ‘net on Thursday, July 17.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.