Update: The Elliot Clancy-Osberg-directed visuals for Rubiks’ Uh Oh single have been added.
T-Dot natives are a regular presence on our pages and we’ve featured one or two artists repping Halifax, Nova Scotia, but we’ve never brought y’all any fresh tunes from Regina, Saskatchewan… until now. Today, Queen City emcee Rubiks makes his grand entrance into the Booth with Uh Oh, a fresh single off his next mixtape. Toronto homie Rich Kidd mans the mixing boards on this grimy selection, using chopped vocal samples to create a quirky, yet hard-hitting backdrop for the headliner’s self-assured braggadocio. Rubik’s Cubes may be puzzling (to me, anyway), but the appeal of this rhymesayer’s bars couldn’t be more apparent. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to cop new mixtape VOLUM3: Push Play #PushItRealGood when it hits the ‘net on Thursday, July 17.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.