Last we heard from Rudimental, the British EDM crew had enlisted the guest services of Maybach Music Group heavyweight Wale in an effort to make their breakthrough hit, Feel the Love, more palatable to audiences Stateside. Boothgoers were split on his contribution, but evidently the strategy worked well enough for the crew to try it again with Free, the sixth and latest single off their debut set. In addition to the plaintive vocals of original featuree Emeli Sandé, this rendition of the record packs a (frankly, somewhat perfunctory) guest verse from rap legend Nas, who also provides ad-libs throughout. Rudimental’s Home LP is available now in stores and online. Fans can click here to peep the Stu Thomson-directed official visuals for the original, Nas-less rendition of Free.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
Asylum/Black Butter Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Giving In" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.