A buzzmaking producer who calls Glasgow home, Rustie makes his first headlining appearance in the Booth with Attak, a single recently premiered as Zane Lowe‘s “Hottest Record” on BBC Radio 1. Previously heard spitting over the Scottish beatsmith’s boardwork on January’s Side B (Old), Danny Brown handles mic duties on this joint. To back the Motown phenom’s raucous bars, Rustie crafts a grimy beat dominated by synth wails and jackhammering trap percussion. Fans will be able to find Attak and much more on Rustie’s sophomore LP, Green Language, dropping August 26 via Warp Records.
Written by richard on 07/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.