Saigon - Blown Away
Producer: DJ Corbett
Avg Rating: 3.0 ( 10 votes )
Though Saigon kicks off his latest jam with the demand that the powers that be, “free all political prisoners,” the NYC underground mainstay quickly adds a caveat: “Even though a lot of y’all are lucky to be prisoners. ‘Cause you know what happens to people when they step up? They get Blown Away.” The final pre-release single off his sophomore set, this politically-charged banger finds Sai reflecting on the unfortunate—and suspicious—tendency of progressive leaders to get cut down before their time. Martin Luther King, Jr., Huey P. Newton, Abraham Lincoln and Tupac Shakur are just a few of the many names he invokes over DJ Corbett‘s insistent piano chords. Nicholas Heller provides some visceral official visuals to complement the cut. The Greatest Story Never Told Chapter 2: Bread and Circuses is set to drop tomorrow, aka Election Day. Click here to pre-order the project!
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
Squid Ink Squad
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.