Sauce Money is a first-time featuree in the DJBooth, but he’s far from a newcomer to the game. His guest appearances on Big Daddy Kane’s Daddy’s Home and Jay Z‘s Reasonable Doubt speak to just how deep his roots in the B.K. scene run—as does the slate of collaborators he’s managed to assemble for his latest single. On this freshly-released mixtape inclusion, Torae, Skyzoo, Troy Ave and Maffew Ragazino join Sauce for a musical tribute to The Borough that made them who they are. Team Demo provides a grimy, sampled backdrop for their bars, borrowing the hook from Digable Planets’ classic Borough Check. Sauce Money’s 12 Missiles tape has yet to receive a drop date. While you wait for further details, why not check out Ragazino’s latest Booth-hosed project, Brownsville’s Jesus?
Written by richard on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.