After getting fans all riled up with his last DJBooth release, Thank You featuring Kendrick Lamar, Los Angeles spitter Scoe has opted to take the solo route for his forthcoming album’s second single. Produced by Virginia beatmonger Nottz, They Ain’t Ready finds the West Coast representer dropping bars on his gradual come-up in hip-hop and his current cozy standing in the genre as he spits, “I gotta catch another flight before the night’s up/ I roll around with the S-N-Double-O-P, I’m from the pound I’m a D-O-Double-G.” Although the wordsmith might hail from Philly, They Ain’t Ready takes on a uniquely West Coast sound thanks to producer Nottz, who puts a Cali-inspired spin on the record’s robust production. They Ain’t Ready serves as the second offering from Scoe’s Tha Influence album, due out on December 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sunset Strip" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.