In the works since way back in 2010, Sean Kingston‘s junior studio album has been plagued with setbacks and false starts from the get-go. Determined to get the project on the release calendar once and for all, the Island-pop mainstay pulls out the big guns on the “official” lead single. (Previous efforts like Letting Go and title track Back 2 Life were apparently just test runs.) In addition to sharing its title with one of Michael Jackson‘s biggest hits, the joint packs not one but two top-shelf guest features; Steel City hitmaker Wiz Khalifa and R&B giant Chris Brown lend their vocals to the record, joining Kingston over Nic Nac‘s simple, yet addictive bassline. Setting aside how disturbing it is to hear Breezy sing about beating anything, the record seems to have all the makings of a hit. Or have I got it twisted? If you’re feeling it, you can stay tuned to our pages for all the latest on Back 2 Life, due out (hopefully) sometime this year.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Sean Kingston’s Colin Tilley-directed Beat It visual.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.