Sometimes I reminisce on the days when Big Tigger hosted Rap City. The show that was an homage to everything hip-hop, from breaking artists to established stars, a far cry from today’s shows about groupies who “marry” athletes. But if Rap City were still around, I know they’d have the good sense to play Sheek Louch’s new single, Party After 2, featuring the D-Blocker’s fellow Def Jam signee and Birthday Sex inventor Jeremih. On the beat Phonix provides an uptempo, sample-driven cut with harmonious pianos, on which Jeremih builds a very mellow, lush and catchy chorus and bridge. Longtime Sheek fans will certainly be reminded of 2008’s Good Love, although here Mr. Louch gives the song a more relaxed feel, telling the story of a luxurious after-party and, of course, the after-after-party. We’re a long way from his last Booth offering, This Is Hip-Hop, but the man’s been nothing if not versatile for years. You can rest assured that Sheek will be throwing one hell of a late night party on December 14, when the release of his upcoming album Donnie G will hopefully provide reason to celebrate.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label