In March and April, Atlanta beat crew SMKA released parts one and two of The Hang Out, a compilation created over the course of a marathon four-day recording session at 882 Studios. When early October rolled around and hip-hop artists from across the country converged on ATL for the annual A3C Festival, they saw the perfect opportunity to craft a sequel. How Much?, the inaugural song release off the tape’s A3C Edition, offers just a taste of the dope cross-regional collaborations in store. Here, the headliners’ immersive synth soundscape, undergided by a booming 808 rhythm section, backs self-assured bars from Compton representative Problem and Detroit buzzmaker Boldy James, as well as A-Town’s own Jarren Benton. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the October 29, arrival of SMKA Presents: The Hangout A3C Edition.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.