In March and April, Atlanta beat crew SMKA released parts one and two of The Hang Out, a compilation created over the course of a marathon four-day recording session at 882 Studios. When early October rolled around and hip-hop artists from across the country converged on ATL for the annual A3C Festival, they saw the perfect opportunity to craft a sequel. How Much?, the inaugural song release off the tape’s A3C Edition, offers just a taste of the dope cross-regional collaborations in store. Here, the headliners’ immersive synth soundscape, undergided by a booming 808 rhythm section, backs self-assured bars from Compton representative Problem and Detroit buzzmaker Boldy James, as well as A-Town’s own Jarren Benton. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the October 29, arrival of SMKA Presents: The Hangout A3C Edition.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.