Loathing what’s currently on the airwaves is practically a prerequisite for a career as an underground emcee, but it’s been a hot minute since I heard someone rail as aggressively against mainsteam hip-hop as Snake Hollywood does on his latest single—which just so happens to be a Booth-exclusive world premiere. On Radio Silence, the follow-up to September’s reader-approved Choke, the Brooklyn native denounces the lies, unoriginality and wack lyrics that have becomes status quo in the game. NY Bangers craft an ominous synth beat to back his hard-hitting bars. For more real, raw and unapologetically lyrical jams, cop My Condolences: Addendum when it drops digitally November 29.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.