Time for the easiest pop quiz ever: what do Snoop Dogg and Kid CuDi have in common? The answer, of course, is that they both really enjoy their weed. On this cut off Snoop’s forthcoming Malice in Wonderland re-release, the West Coast veteran and the new-school space cadet join forces to celebrate their mutual love for That Tree. Over Diplo’‘s sparse, percussion-dominated instrumental (which shifts into a tuneful organ groove when CuDi’s sung hook rolls around), the collaborators showcase their very different, but equally blunted flows. Trees won’t disappoint marijuana aficionados looking for a cut to soundtrack their next smoking session, but is its appeal strong enough to ensure that More Malice achieves the big sales numbers that the original, the lowest-charting full-length of Snoop’s career, didn’t? We can only hope. Either way, those craving some fresh material from the Cali icon can find six more previously-unreleased tracks, plus a brand new mini-movie on the deluxe edition of his 10th studio album when it hits stores March 23.
Written by richard on 02/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.