When I Googled SoMo to get familiar with the Republic Records R&B singer, the first thing I learned was that he just posted bail this morning for a marijuana possession charge. Talk about some sh**ty luck. But let’s focus on the positive, shall we? Today, the Texan crooner makes his first appearance in The DJBooth with the official remix of his current hit single, Ride. This rendition of the record features guest contributions from a pair of fellow rising stars: Interscope signee K Camp jumps on Mick Shultz‘s luminous piano/guitar arrangement to spit a suave closing 16, and Ty Dolla $ign showcases his ear-pleasing vocal harmonies on the middle verse. For the original version of Ride and much more, cop the artist’s self-titled debut set, released to record stores and online retailers in April.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.