With all the changes in the industry, sometimes it’s best to just do what Statik Selektah, M.O.P. and Jadakiss hope to get across with their collaborative effort, For The City. Off of his latest effort, Stick 2 Tha Script, the Brooklyn-to-Yonkers tandem link up with the mind behind ShowOff Marketing to bring this street anthem to life. Together they all sound equally venomous, as Selektah pulls double duty as DJ and producer. Truly their own “swagger” isn’t like “us” and they’ve clearly stayed loyal to the code of the streets. With the album set to hit shelves and iTunes on October 21, DJBooth maintains that hip-hop is not dead because artists like these continue to do what many fail to understand is a key to success… sticking to the script.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.