Back in July, pop songstress Steph Sexton made her DJBooth debut with Killing Lindsay Lohan, a promotional single that backed up its provocative title with a surprising level of emotional depth. The Australian-born, LA-based singer/songwriter latest single, while less morbid in theme, draws from the same well of romantic longing and desperation. Over Louis Gold‘s production, a moody synth arrangement peppered with subtly unsettling vocal samples, the singer pines after an ex whose departure from her life left a seemingly irreparable wound. This mournful, but cathartic jam is just one of many high-quality cuts slated for inclusion on debut EP Hope You Find Your Way, available now online via the artist’s website. Fans can cop the project’s recently-released Chopped & Screwed version for free via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Lindsay Lohan" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.