On the lead single off his next studio album, Styles P. showed a little Love to his Haters, figuring that their negative attention must mean he’s doing something right. While irate bloggers and other gadflies are nothing but a source of amusement to the Northeastern street vet, rival hustlers shouldn’t expect to get off so lightly. The newly-released Red Eye finds project collaborator Scram Jones layering delayed synths over a lightly swung rhythm section as Styles warns his enemies of the grisly fate that awaits them. D-Block colleague Jadakiss lends his own brand of braggadocious tough-talk to verse two. Float is scheduled for release on Tuesday, April 16. Click here to pre-order the forthcoming set via iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Sh*t" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.