Sunni Colón‘s last single, featured in late May, found him stating his belief in the power of Karma. If he was right and our good and bad deeds do indeed come back to us, then we in The DJBooth must be doing something right, as we’ve been rewarded with another fresh cut from the multi-talented recording artist. In contrast to its predecessor, which packed a somewhat dizzying array of musical elements, 1000 Roses is relatively simple and stripped-down. The headliner’s mellow piano chords, accented by fluttering strings and subtle synth flourishes, back poetically oblique verses dedicated to a woman by the the name of Rosie. Has this atmospheric jam left you craving more new music from the indie-R&B buzzmaker? Then watch our pages for further news and tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of his new street album, The Els Flowers.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.