Lately, SZA has been an almost constant presence on our pages. Two days ago, the TDE singer drpoped off compilation single Mood Rings, and just this morning she returned with a follow-up in the Jill Scott-assisted Divinity. But you know what? I’m still not satisfied. So it’s a damn good thing she decided to unleash another brand cut today. Featured in conjunction with Rodney Passé‘s cinematic companion piece, EP single Julia / (Tender) is actually a two-for-one, featuring a bubbly, yet understated front half along with a much darker coda. Frequent collaborator Felix Snow mans the boards, showcasing characteristic mastery of mood and atmosphere. Fans can find Julia / (Tender) and much more on SZA’s Z EP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.