What? A week after the release of SZA‘s Top Dawg debut EP, you still haven’t copped the set? I’mma go ahead and assume that you just forgot the project had dropped—in which case, this freshly released single will be the perfect thing to jog your memory. Warm Winds begins with the rising R&B songstress asking the Man Upstairs to “make [her] a bird, so [she] can fly far, far, far away” from her troubles. That note of melancholy resounds throughout her understated verses which, though poetically abstract, seem to find her mourning the disintegration of a romantic relationship. Fellow TDE rookie Isaiah Rashad jumps on Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller) and Antydote‘s low-key instrumental to contribute backing vocals to the chorus. APLUZ Filmz team up with the headliner to direct the cut’s a moody, pastoral visual accompaniment. Feeling it? Then what are you waiting for—pick up a copy of Z, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.