Booth newcomer T. Gaines might not have a Basquiat painting, Beyoncé as his wife or an NBA team, but when it comes to what really matters—mic skills—he is Better Than Hov. The Windy City native ain’t just talk; he backs up his claim on this hi-octane record. Powered by a cacophony of cascading synths and a thunderous bass, DJ‘s beat certainly sounds like something Hov would enjoy. Atop the production, Gaines makes a strong case for his superiority over the rap mogul, showcasing a fiery energy and a hard-hitting, slightly slurred flow. Better Than Hov can be found on Gaines’ The Groove God EP, out now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.