If you’re on your way to the top where the flashing lights don’t let up, like Taylor Bennett is, you’re going to need more than just some radio hits and a toothbrush. On Hope, the third single off his upcoming mixtape, Mainstream Music, the Chicago emcee sticks to a hyperactive flow that runs through a few moments of realization about the music industry. The dead flowers in his closet, irony of mainstream success, and train ride thoughts on an Uber ride have all made it clear to Taylor that if you believe in your own music, the right people will pay attention. Even the playful, robotic production work of Monte Booker adds to the idea of how mechanical your art can become without the right inspiration. #ICYMI, don’t forget to check out our past premiere of his DJBooth freestyle, too. And we hope your brother, Chance, has a speedy recovery, Taylor!
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Good" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.