The Kid Daytona has a well-publicized taste for haute couture, but that doesn’t mean he can’t appreciate a quality pair of Blue Jeans. Coming on the heels of this month’s Damier Suitcases, the Bronx repper’s latest mixtape single is down-to-Earth in comparison to its jet-setting predecessor. Nonetheless, the artist’s trademark high-rolling swagger drips from every bar. 1up World establishes a moody vibe behind the boards, flipping a sample from Lana Del Rey‘s cut of the same title as Daytona touts his Polo shirts and offshore bank accounts in fast-paced, braggadocious verses. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the SPMK-presented Savoir Faire LP, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.