The Kid Daytona has a well-publicized taste for haute couture, but that doesn’t mean he can’t appreciate a quality pair of Blue Jeans. Coming on the heels of this month’s Damier Suitcases, the Bronx repper’s latest mixtape single is down-to-Earth in comparison to its jet-setting predecessor. Nonetheless, the artist’s trademark high-rolling swagger drips from every bar. 1up World establishes a moody vibe behind the boards, flipping a sample from Lana Del Rey‘s cut of the same title as Daytona touts his Polo shirts and offshore bank accounts in fast-paced, braggadocious verses. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the SPMK-presented Savoir Faire LP, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.