Talent is important, but without hunger and drive you won’t get anywhere in this business. On The Campaign, Michigan-bred duo The Specktators show us that they definitely have the talent, as well as the passion and hunger. Moe-T, the group’s resident beatsmith, cooks up an energetic, echoing instrumental that is the perfect complement to collaborator Packi’s charismatic flow. On the mic, with a tangible desire in his voice, Packi lets us know that he is determined to get to the top no matter what, even if it means leaving a special lady in the rear view mirror. Sucks for her, but you must follow your dreams, right? For more exuberant, hungry hip-hop, check out the group’s debut album, The Parlay, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.