Talent is important, but without hunger and drive you won’t get anywhere in this business. On The Campaign, Michigan-bred duo The Specktators show us that they definitely have the talent, as well as the passion and hunger. Moe-T, the group’s resident beatsmith, cooks up an energetic, echoing instrumental that is the perfect complement to collaborator Packi’s charismatic flow. On the mic, with a tangible desire in his voice, Packi lets us know that he is determined to get to the top no matter what, even if it means leaving a special lady in the rear view mirror. Sucks for her, but you must follow your dreams, right? For more exuberant, hungry hip-hop, check out the group’s debut album, The Parlay, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.