Ladies, it’s your lucky day: The World Famous Tony Williams just installed a swingset in his backyard, and y’all are cordially invited to test it out. Dudes… better luck next time? OK, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the G.O.O.D. Music signee isn’t talking about playground equipment when he encourages women to “ride My Swing” on this freshly-released single. Here, a steamy, ‘80s-informed beat by Cutta and Erwin Murphy accompanies Williams as he duets with an uncredited female vocalist, delivering verses laced with steamy, yet tastefully understated innuendo. The Roger Troutman-style vocoded moans running through the beat accent the joint’s silky throwback vibe. This single is set to appear on the forthcoming re-release of studio debut The King or the Fool, which won a rave Booth review when it originally dropped in 2012. A drop date has yet to be announced but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"History ft. Tony Williams" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.