The summer before I began college, E-40 had a hit where he instructed us on how to Go. Intrigued by the sound, I quickly found super banger Super Hyphy, which was produced by today’s featured artist Traxamillion with his first DJBooth feature as a lead artist. Trax, one of the originators of the Hyphy movement, has decided to push this sound and style further by dropping off Boy, featuring fellow Yay Area residents Clyde Carson and Ya Boy. While all three artists take turns laying down solid flows and instantly unique lyrics, Boy‘s production groundwork features staple sounds of the hyphy movement, including sharp drums with a snap and heavy synths. Boy is the first single to Trax’s upcoming album, MY Radio, scheduled for a June 12 release and also featuring Travis Barker, Paul Wall, Jay Rock and more.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.