The summer before I began college, E-40 had a hit where he instructed us on how to Go. Intrigued by the sound, I quickly found super banger Super Hyphy, which was produced by today’s featured artist Traxamillion with his first DJBooth feature as a lead artist. Trax, one of the originators of the Hyphy movement, has decided to push this sound and style further by dropping off Boy, featuring fellow Yay Area residents Clyde Carson and Ya Boy. While all three artists take turns laying down solid flows and instantly unique lyrics, Boy‘s production groundwork features staple sounds of the hyphy movement, including sharp drums with a snap and heavy synths. Boy is the first single to Trax’s upcoming album, MY Radio, scheduled for a June 12 release and also featuring Travis Barker, Paul Wall, Jay Rock and more.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.