Are you a fan of immersive electronic beats and long-ass intros? If so, simply hit “play” on Troy NōKA‘s latest effort and you’ll be in Heaven. His first feature since February’s reader-acclaimed Dollars Make $tatus Change, this cut emphasizes the more experimental side of the Austin rapper/producer’s style. After some abstract, glitchy opening bars, the record develops into a dense, glossy synth arrangement garnished with spoken-word passages and hypnotic sung vocals. Though the artist does start flowing around the 2:20 mark, the emphasis is clearly on atmosphere over lyricism. Intrigued? Then watch our pages for more fresh tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled arrival of NōKA’s next album, Love.Fear.Pianos.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Wiz Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Fall" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.