This past Sunday, December, 4, was the fourth anniversary of Pimp C‘s untimely death. In honor of the Southern legend, Texan emcee Tum Tum has gathered a few of his most talented colleagues to remake Front, Back, Side to Side, a 1994 single off UGK‘s classic Super Tight LP. On Let Her Ride, beatsmith Recka serves up a tweaked take on the original instrumental, which Tum, Big Sant and Killa Kyleon proceed to lace with suitably freaky rhymes. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked you-know-where for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 12/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Square Bizness" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.