“The Dark Horse: a little-known competitor that emerges to win or succeed although their victory is unexpected or unlikely.” Need an example to go with that definition? Look no further than Twista, a Chi-Town veteran who, despite his indisputable skills, continues to be underrated and underappreciated in the game. On single numero uno off his next full-length, released along with some official visuals by Nick Brazinsky, Twista wears his underdog status with pride, and urges those of us with a taste for gambling to put all our chips on him. Joining the headliner over The Legendary Traxster‘s arpeggiated synths and sampled grunts, Tyme contributes a Future-istic, Auto-Tuned hook. The Dark Horse (the LP) is slated to drop Tuesday, August 12. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.