Last we featured Vic Mensa on the solo tip, he was exchanging his hours for currency on reader-approved hustle anthem Time Is Money. The Kids These Days alum’s latest mixtape single also deals with the paper chase but, instead of piggybacking off a popular saying, he’s coined a new slogan of his own: “Young N**gas Say Peso!” That inventiveness extends to the artist’s breakneck verses, which bristle with left-field, pop-referential punchlines. (My favorite of the moment: “I was on a plane, feelin’ like David Blaine / I’ll blow ‘em out the water if they try to put me in a box.”) Joining the headliner over project collaborator Dj Dahi‘s laid-back street boardwork, Eliza Doolittle lends her breezy vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find YNSP and many more bangers on the artist’s INNANETAPE, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Vic Mensa’s Nem Perez-directed YNSP visual.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.